Friday 24 October 2008

fresh from nihon

I got a letter the other day that something had come from Japan for me and was being hit for customs charges.

I don't know what it is until I go and pick it up from the Aldershot depot. Customs charges are a bit weird - generally they're actually not that hefty (£5-off in this case) but what often happens is the Royal Mail tacks on a "processing charge".

Now I have no idea what they actually mean by that. Are they just charging me for sending me the letter? Or does it mean they had to go to some place to pick the parcel up especially? Either way, their charge is in the order of £15. To me, that seems a little disproportionate with what the customs charges actually are.

Anyway, I'll find out what it actually is tomorrow when I pick it up.

I'm planning to kick-start a bit of e-baying action this weekend.

I got a bit fed up with it the last time I was doing it. Partly that was because it was due to necessity - I needed the cash (don't I always) - and so felt like an obligation, but also it's quite demoralising selling almost everything you own :(.

And that was the other reason I stopped - I'd actually almost run out of stuff to sell. Well, I say that. I haven't run out of stuff to sell at all. What I mean is that I'd run out of stuff that I'd used.

I've tonnes of stuff I know I'm going to sell, but I've not watched/read/played them yet. And it seems a little retarded to sell stuff that I've bought and have never actually got any enjoyment out of :/.

Still, I've a few things I've been through now, so I can get a few things on there.

The only other big plan of course is to sit my arse down in front of the TV and watch all the crap I've been recording (and Lost s4 too, probably). Maybe then I'll feel like I'm getting somewhere.

No comments: