Tuesday 6 January 2009

retourney avec les work

So today is my first day back at work. *sigh*

I've been spending most of the day generally sorting out as well as trying to remember everything from where I put my coffee mug to what the heck I've been doing on the project I'm currently working on.

I did get one shock when I came in this morning - the new girl, Jane, has taken Ralph's desk. And I don't just mean she's perched there while he's away, but all of Ralph's stuff is piled up on a chair by the side of the desk.

One thing I would say is that at least she doesn't appear to tap her feet like Ralph did! But it could be a bit weird when he eventually comes back :/.

I'll put some updates later about all the stuff I got up. But in summery: 1) It's been FUCKING COLD and 2) I didn't do anywhere near as much as I'd hoped.

The second one was pretty obvious and happens every time I go on holiday. For some reason I always get it into my head that holiday days are somehow equivalent to about 3 work days, so I always plan to do way more than is actually possible. The reality is of course that holidays are only about 1/3rd that of work days, what with all the lie-ins and long lunches :).

No comments: