Thursday 5 March 2009

abandoned ideas 4

Given that I've been religiously watching Gatekeepers in the evenings I've not really been up to much. And also since I can't be arsed discussing it at the mo, I thought I'd do what is probably the last of these abandoned ideas:

charlotte

This ides was abandoned for a very specific reason - it was almost plagiarism.

Not sure if you know what Chobits is - it's a manga originally by Clamp and there's an anime adaptation to. Now, I'm not actually a big fan of Chobits as it's a bit sick in the head in my opinion.

But anyway, the story wasn't really a rip-off of Chobits as much as that whole sort of area.

The main character was a scientist working for some weapons manufacturer in their R&D department. He has no real life, as such.

Anyway, one day he goes home (it's pouring with rain) and sees the police searching for something. As he gets into his apartment he sees something but then dismisses it.

He then goes home and I wasn't sure - he gets knocked out, maybe? Essentially he needed to meet a robot girl (she's a weapon, natch) that's escaped from his facility and is hiding in his apartment. He'd end up unconscious or go to sleep or something and then there would be the classic "it was just a dream" wake up sequence followed by a "omg, she's real".

The android would then continue to hide/live in his apartment and try to be his wife/girlfriend... or something like that. Basically, although he didn't work on her specifically she'd seen him do some act of kindness and fallen in love.

Which was kinda where I stopped as it was basically just ripping off about a dozen anime :/.

No comments: