Tuesday 21 April 2009

turned out nice again

Well the weather's taken something of a turn for the nice just recently.

There's been the occasional day of rain of course - it is April after all - but for the last couple of days it's been veritably summer-ish.

This is good news for me for a change. I'm not the biggest fan of summer and hot weather, being of the morbidly obese body-type, but the last few years seem to have brought a string of miserable summers followed by perishing winters. A bit of sun (even if it just reminds me of why I'm not keen on it!) will not go amiss, I think.

One interesting surprise on this front as well. The shining of the sun usually seems to bring out the ants that have been infesting my house. However, just recently I've virtually not seen them at all.

Now I've obviously got every finger and toe I possess crossed in saying that. The presence of irony in the world would tend to suggest that upon my return home I will be swamped in a surfeit of the little buggers.

However, in theory there's a reason for their disappearance. I recently bought a device that claims to act to repel insects, firstly by emitting a super-sonic squeal that insects find unpleasant, but also by making your mains wires produce an EM-filed that repels them.

Now when I first plugged this in it didn't seem to have much of an effect - the ants kept coming. However, a couple of days ago I tried changing the setting (as I say - it didn't seem to be working, so there seemed nothing to loose) and since then, almost ant free.

Here's hoping that when I return home tonight this is still the case!

I'm still blasting through Claymore. It's a really good manga and it's so easy to read.

No comments: