Tuesday 22 September 2009

erm

Y'know sometimes it's really difficult to think of anything to write in these blogs.

Sometimes on Monday I've got so much stuff to talk about that I actually rattle off three or four blog posts (writing them in word) that I then use until Wednesday, by which time I've got more to talk about.

But other times I can struggle to write the Monday and then don't have the time (or, sometimes, the inclination) to write any more.

It's one of the reasons I turned Wednesday into 'movie review' day. It gives me one day of guaranteed content, although sometimes I struggle there to if I'm unsure about a film or didn't watch one.

Anyway, the point is today I'm struggling quite a bit.

See, last night I did no more scanning and watched no more anime. I could talk about the manga I've been reading, but the majority of it has been continuing series, which I don't like to talk about as it's difficult to avoid spoilers. I have started several new series, but I've only read 1 volume and I like to give them more room for an opinion to form than that.

This is made worse by what happens on a Monday evening.

For some reason, Monday evenings always disappear in a flash. No sooner am I home than it's 8 or 9 'o'clock and I'm thinking about bed, not doing anything interesting.

There are several factors that contribute to this.

First off, I like to go shopping Monday lunch, so I have to put the shopping away. Also, all the prep I like to for the next day (I'm possibly the most anal person alive) is more complicated because it's all been 'paused' over the weekend. So that takes longer.

Also, over the weekend I don't dl any fansubs, so Sunday night I end up with an average of 20 fansubs to dl on Monday. So Monday evening, with these having dl'ed during the day, I've got to sort them out, putting them on external Hard Drives, etc.

Then there's telly.

Monday night is Gadget Show night, when it's on, and that's quite often - it seems to run almost continuously. That's no bad thing as I love the Gadget Show, but I like to watch it live.

Then, factor in things like making my dinner (being as Monday is shopping day I always have to make something proper - there's no possibility of just reheating yesterday's leftovers) and shaving (I shave at night) and you can see how before I know it, Monday evening is gone.

And that's why I've never anything interesting to talk about on Tuesdays.

No comments: