Monday 2 November 2009

best efforts

Well, despite what I would basically call my 'best efforts', I didn't manage to watch all of the stuff I'd recorded last week.

I did manage to view all of the Lost s5 extras, mainly, if I'm honest, because they were a bit thin on the ground. The actual shows themselves lacked seriously for commentaries. Previous seasons have had at least 4 commentaries, but this only had two. The show's final two-part episode didn't even get a commentary, and the end usually does.

Anyway, as far as the telly goes there was just too much of it. I had more than 15 shows to get through and many of them were an hour long and it just proved too much. Not because there weren't enough hours available to watch stuff, but because after a while I just got sick of it all.

I mean, the reason I had all this stuff recorded was because I'd spent all my spare time watching TV during the week, and this was yet more telly to watch. Plus there was a Grand Prix on, so it's kinda understandable I just couldn't face it after a while.

By way of a distraction I played a bit of Anno, though I have to admit I got a bit bored off it after a while - perhaps the lustre has gone away a bit, but I think it's more because I keep rushing things in the game and ending up in less than ideal situations, in terms of resources and planning. I think I need to play a less complex game to really get my head around some of the stuff.

I also did a little bit of the stuff I've been putting off over the last few weeks. I didn't put my aircon away or clean up the detritus left from installing the cable lead, but I did some thing that needed to be done in order to prepare the way for those, if that makes sense.

One of them I think I need to adjust, though, as the end result was less than satisfactory. That sounds cryptic - it isn't meant to be, it's just a bit dull so I can't be arsed to explain properly.

One thing I really want to do is thoroughly clean my car. It's a rather unusual side-effect of these shit summers we've been having - if it constantly rains every weekend, then I never get the chance to wash or hoover my car, so it gets filthier and filthier, which is something I hate.

Trouble now of course is that it's winter so the odds are that I'm not going to get the chance to do it anyway. I've been considering taking it to one of these hand car wash or valet services that seem to be springing up all over the place, but obviously that'll cost money and I've been trying to tighten my belt.

No comments: