Monday 16 November 2009

far too efficient

Had a bit of an odd weekend, because I was far too efficient.

As I mentioned on Friday my main plan was to watch all the telly stuff I'd recorded. Indeed, it was so much my plan I hadn't really planned to do anything else.

But I was so efficient I'd watched all of it by mid-day Saturday, so Sunday I had almost nothing to do whatsoever. I ended up filling that whole by playing lots of Anno, which isn't necessarily a good thing, as there were lots of things I could have done that would have served me better, but I dunno, I'm not sure I care at this point in time.

The thing I did do that was kinda more productive was start watching a DVD I picked up the other week called "Monty Python - Almost the Truth - The Lawyers Cut".

Weirdly they showed a kind of super-trimmed down version of this a few weeks ago on BBC as part of a Python night (it's a staggering 40 years since the show started) and I'd assumed initially that this was just that short documentary on DVD, but it turned out this is actually a 6-part series, with each episode being 50 minutes.

Weirdly, the description implies the full 6-part show has been on the telly, but I've only seen that trimmed down version.

I've gotten about half way through - it's pretty good is my feeling so far. Certainly people talk quite candidly about stuff, which is good. I'm not sure about the non-Python bits if I'm honest. I think I'd rather have more of them talking than the interviews with other celebs.

Not that the interviews with celebs aren't okay, just y'know, more from the men themselves would be better.

This morning I've been avoiding work by watching this interview with Charlie Brooker of News/Game/Screen-wipe and Guardian columnist fame.

I'm one of those people that like Charlie Brooker (about his only misfire for me was Trashbat, which I didn't get at all). He's not to everyone's taste, but if you also like him the interview's well worth a watch.

The interviews been up a while, but my traditional routine only means I check out Brooker's guardian page on Monday morning, so I've only just seen it.

No comments: