Monday 9 November 2009

no friday

So having basically forgotten to do a blog entry on Thursday, I ended up totally failing to do one on Friday at all.

The reason for this was that Friday was jam-packed at work and it's usually while at work that I write these posts. In the morning I had to read through and edit a proposal that we were submitting. It wasn't a huge thing, but it needed a lot of work.

The afternoon was filled with a huge meeting that lasted the best part of 3 hours. However, it wasn't because it was a bad meeting, it was actually really useful and I found it really useful. Tbh, the only complaint I'd make was that it didn't happen sooner as it kinda means most, if not all of what I'd done already was rendered pointless.

I mean, it was rendered pointless in a good way in that I now know better what I should do, but still, it would have been better to have had it earlier.

The weekend was pretty productive.

I found the time (and motivation) to put my aircon away, which has been one of my outstanding jobs for a while now.

It's the sort of job that sounds fairly minor, but it takes ages (a couple of hours all told) because it involves sorting through a load of stuff and re-arranging it around where I put the aircon unit when I'm not using it. My aircon is a huge thing - it's a good 120cms tall and about 40cms deep and it weighs a tonne.

I mean, it's a good unit, but it's not what you would call "small and light". With all the tubing it also means it has to go in a particular place when in use, but that means it takes up a lot of room, and spare room is not something I have a lot of, hence having to pack it away.

So yeah, packed it away and had a bit of a clean in all the places that I can't get to when it's out. I also sorted through some piles of stuff. One of the things I discovered was that I've actually got quite a lot of stuff that I need to put on e-bay.

I'd been intending to save it up for closer to Christmas, but I think I might get a few things on sooner otherwise I'm going to get all pissed off at having to do so much e-bay-ing.

I also found the time to watch all of the stuff I've recorded. Well, I say that, but I'm actually saving a series of something because I want to watch the DVDs of the earlier series before I watch it, but that's kinda irrelevant.

Of course doing both of those things meant that I didn't get a chance to advance much other stuff, so I've ended up with a weird feeling of not having done much, even though I did :/.

No comments: