Monday 18 January 2010

sleep patterns

My sleep patterns are all over the place it seems.

Normally they get a bit messed up when I take a long holiday, but the other thing that's buggered them up has been the getting up early during the last week because of the snow.

Sunday's a good example - my fritzed body clock woke me up about 5:30AM. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use as I was totally wide awake. So instead, I just watched some stuff I'd recorded.

Then, by about 8:00PM I was utterly shattered. However, I knew that if I went to sleep I'd end up waking up early again, so I forced myself to stay awake and read some manga. Eventually I turned in at about 9:30PM, which was still a bit early, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open.

I must have fallen asleep instantly, as next thing I know I'm lying in bed totally awake again. I checked the clock and it was only 1:30AM, but again I was really awake. What didn't help here was that I think I've pulled a muscle in my back and it was aching.

I took some pain killers and read for about half an hour or so until they kicked in and was then able to get back to sleep. But then I was woken up by my alarm at 6:45AM, which never normally happens. I was really tired when I got up, because of the messed up sleep pattern, but I'm okay now.

Hopefully with the return to normality my body-clock will get back on track this week. I say hopefully, because I saw a forecast over the weekend that predicted snow on Wednesday.

The snow has basically cleared here to the extent that it's not a problem. There are still a few patches, mainly where it was piled up.

The weekend was suitably dull and quite relaxing. I did a big shop and restocked a lot of stuff and cleaned the flat, which got some of the domestics out of the way. I also received about a dozen parcels, which was all the mail that had built up that they hadn't been able to deliver.

They were all parcels though - letters must still be backlogged, as I seem to be lacking a few things I would normally have expected to come through.

No comments: