Wednesday 3 March 2010

last day

Today is my last day... of the week.

I'd love for it to be my last day of work forever. Well, I mean if I'd won the lottery or got a better job or something. Not if I'd be fired or made redundant or something. That would obviously suck big, hairy monkey balls.

Anyway, the point is that I've taken tomorrow and Friday off work. It's not for any exciting reason like I'm going on holiday to some tropical paradise or anything. No, basically I'm taking them off in order to get a bunch of stuff done. And the bunch of stuff is all very boring and tedious life stuff.

For example, I've an appointment at the dentists and at the opticians to get my eyes tested. Plus I want to see if I can get my windscreen fixed (with the terrible weather I'm figuring it's best to go to one of their places as they have a covered area) and I need to book to get my car in for an MOT and to get it serviced.

There's other stuff too, but it's all equally tedious.

The only good part is that I'm hoping I'll get a chance to do some fun stuff. I may try to marathon an entire anime show, but at the least I'm hoping I'll start the scanning I keep flirting with.

I actually did some scanning last weekend, but it was DVD covers to put in reviews over at trismugistus.com. One thing I did discover is I can't remember how I set up my scanner.

The problem seemed to be that the cables weren't long enough, but I distinctly remember that before I didn't used to have any problems with cable lengths. It was kinda bizarre actually, as I kept tugging on the wires thinking they must be caught up somewhere, but instead I'd just pull it out of the scanner or pull my USB hub thing off the desk. I did think that maybe I'd got the cables mixed up and put a shorter one in the scanner by mistake, but not of the other USB cables seemed longer.

Plus it turned out the scanner wasn't even plugged into the power, which took me ages to fiddle to get into a plug hole. And then when I did, I again found the cable seemed too short to reach. I've really no idea how I used to route the cables and stuff, but I know I didn't used to have all these problems.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

No comments: