Monday 7 June 2010

face slicer

I cut myself shaving on Saturday. I've not done that in years. It was above my top lip and it bled like a bugger - cuts on your face often do, for some reason.

It wasn't a big cut and because razors are obviously sharp, it was a clean cut and it didn't really hurt. I saw a few people noticing it, though. I guess it's just in that sort of position where you tend to look more - I think eyes and mouth tend to be where you look more closely.

It was a surprisingly successful weekend. Surprising and successful, because although I didn't do quite what I'd planned, I did achieve a lot. Basically, I'd thought the best plan was to get some scanning done, but in the end I did a big chunk of the sorting out I've got left to do.

I'm not really sure what started me off, but after I'd done my cleaning on Saturday I just sort of rolled on and started going through some of the boxes I've got left. I even started to move some of the furniture around, although given how hot and muggy it was on Saturday I kinda abandoned that.

I think because I've got this Thursday and Friday off and my plan is to have it all essentially finished this next weekend I just sort of wanted to get a head start on it.

What also helped is that I reviewed the telly for the upcoming week and there is almost nothing on. I think there are a total of 7 things I want to watch/record across the entirety of this next week, which must be about a third of what I normally watch. And it only really ramps up at the weekend because the Canadian Grand Prix is on.

Hopefully, if this continues it should be a super productive summer . I'll get all my sorting done and then spend the summer dumping stuff on e-bay and watching the DVD backlog.

And speaking of TV stuff, I thought for tomorrow and Wednesday I'd do some summary round-up reviews of the shows I've been watching.

No comments: