Friday 27 August 2010

summer bank holiday? really?

Well, this weekend is the summer bank holiday - the last bank holiday before Chrimbo.

I've got to say it's a bit of a misnomer this year, as summer has been a bit of a damp squib. There was a brief spell of hot weather early on, when my aircon came in very handy, but after that it's been a real mixed bag.

Just recently it seems to have rained a hell of a lot, but there have also been some sunny days and both really humid and surprisingly cold days. Over the last couple of days it's really felt like we're heading into autumn, rather than being the middle of summer.

And this weekend also marks the return of the Formula 1 circus, with the Belgium Grand Prix held at the famous Spa Francorchamps circuit. Spa usually produces a good race, and it's also well known for the steep climb up the Eau Rouge valley.

My sister and dad actually went to the Belgium Grand Prix a couple of years ago and sat in the stand at the top of Eau Rouge. They said it is incredibly steep - proper out of breath stuff. I wish I could have gone myself, but I've got the whole problem of spending huge amounts of cash on anime and manga that often prevents me from having proper holidays or doing anything that needs a large amount of cash.

I'm not sure how my walking regime will stand up to the whole Grand Prix weekend thing. I guess this will be the acid test.

No comments: