Tuesday 2 November 2010

ouch

Yesterday's blog post talked about the main activities of Saturday night. Today's blog post is all about the other stuff.

The first thing to mention is that when I eventually got back on Saturday night (well, Sunday morning, I suppose, technically). The road leading down to where I live was blocked by a police car, one of those pick-up type trucks that Aussies call "yoots" (utility vehicle) and a low-loader.

I waited for a few minutes to see what they were up to, but it was abundantly clear that whatever it was was going to take a while. I therefore parked up on the side of the road and walked the last bit.

On the way down I asked one of the coppers what was going on and he said they'd basically chased the yoot for failing to stop and he was in the back of the police car while they confiscated the car.

What I did was go back home, change, tidy my stuff away, sort my bedroom out a bit and then by the time I'd done that they'd buggered off, so I was able to drive my car down and park it where I usually do. But what that all meant was I didn't get to bed until about 2:30am.

Now luckily it was clock change-over night, so I got some extra time in bed, but it meant that I woke up on Sunday absolutely shattered. I mean, it was bad enough that the time I was getting back anyway, to have that delayed by the best part of an hour didn't really help.

The upshot of this was that I basically spent all of Sunday in bed. Now I'd pretty much anticipated this and hadn't planned on doing much more anyway, but it does always end up feeling like a waste of time. However, saying that I did do a bit more e-baying and put up the auctions I'd planned to.

Also, of course I watched loads of stuff I'd recorded, so in a way that was productive.

Anyway, the real problem I had was that when I went to bed I was suddenly struck by the most ferocious stomach pain. This actually seemed to be a repeat of a bout of stomach pain I had a while back. On that occasion I'd clearly eaten too much and a glass of milk seemed to calm it down, suggesting it was basically heart burn. However, on this occasion I hadn't over-eaten during the day and milk didn't really seem to help.

Of course I had eaten a big meal on Saturday, so maybe it was that. And after a few hours I decided to try massaging my stomach and (huge) gut area. For some reason this seemed to help and rather suddenly the pain went away.

But by this time it must have been something like 3am, so I ended up getting very little sleep and was like a zombie all day.

No comments: