Wednesday 26 January 2011

nearly there

When I say nearly there, I mean I've nearly reached the target I set before Christmas.

Yes, it's the weekly weigh-in post and I've nearly made the official (well sort of) transition from being morbidly obese to just plain obese! Hoo... ray?

Anyway, the weekly weigh-in revealed a further loss of 3 pounds over the course of last week, which I was pleasantly pleased with. I've worked out that if I loose an average of 3 pounds a week then I should reach my next target broadly on schedule.

My next target is a bit looser than my original target. Basically I want to roughly get to the half way point between obesity and just being overweight by my birthday.

Hmm... This actually seems to be getting more and more complicated to explain without having posted those celebratory posts I was talking about last week. I definitely need to tweak those and get them posted. What I'm hoping is that I can loose the last four pounds I need to this week, hit the target and then post the tweaked celebratory posts next week.

Even if I don't make it this week then it will surely only be the week after, so things should become clearer in terms of what I'm on about with the weight loss targets pretty soon.

For now, what I think I will say is that my main intended target is to hit 18 stone by my birthday. However, I'm rather aware that this year Easter is extremely late - literally the week before my birthday. But also, this year I'm going to the British Grand Prix, which is in July.

The plan to go to the GP was hatched pretty late and has left me in something of a quandary holiday wise. With the lateness of Easter and the extra bank holiday for the royal wedding I'm unsure if it's a good idea to take time off then. See, the issue is that the kids will be off and I imagine a lot of parents will take the couple of extra days need to make it a proper holiday.

But also if I'm now going to the Grand Prix, should I take some time off then? If I do both that won't leave me with a lot of holiday, so what should I do about my usual late summer holiday?

The reason these are important is that my goals and plans were formulated based on Easter/birthday and late summer holiday, but now I have the British GP as another node point.

I need to have a think about it all.

No comments: