Thursday 31 March 2011

a little disappointing

If I'm honest, this weekend's weigh in was a little disappointing.

I've mentioned before how I tend to struggle with understanding why I lost what I did and this last week was a classic example.

In the previous few weeks I've been going a bit off-plan, culminating in a week where I ate loads of crap and I spent several posts last week discussing how I think I was self-sabotaging/comfort eating. Well, this last week I really tried to put into practice my conclusions.

Or, to put it another way, on both Wednesday and Friday I bought salad stuff and had salad by way of adding something different to my diet. I was also okay last week with walking, as I didn't have any excuses in terms of walking at lunch and doing long walks at the weekend. Indeed, this last couple of weekends the weather has looked distinctly perky - this last Sunday I could almost have broken out the shorts.

And the result was... just a 1 pound loss. Which was disappointing.

Now, to be totally fair I did actually slip with the diet. On the Thursday I bought some really naughty chocolate chip cookies.

But that was literally it - otherwise there wasn't a single foot wrongly placed and I can't believe that all the exercise I did and the lower number of calories of my general diet was cancelled out by a few cookies.

I should be pleased, of course, and I am pleased that it represents a continuation of the downward trend, it's just I was expecting more. It honestly felt through the week like I was back on track. I even felt that my current work trousers were feeling a little bit slacker than when I first started wearing them a few weeks back, though I could easily have been kidding myself.

I dunno.

I haven't lost heart and I wouldn't be surprised if I loose a more normal amount next week as I've so far been sticking to my diet again this week. I'm more frustrated at the lack of predictability to it all. It's like I keep feeling the hint of some patterns in there somewhere, but whenever I think I've got it all worked out, I get a week like this week and suddenly I realise how random it all seems.

No comments: