Tuesday 19 July 2011

crappy start of the week too

Sunday evening/night didn't exactly go according to plan either.

I had an important meeting Monday morning which it turns out I was really nervous over. I didn't actually think I was - I didn't feel nervous, but the almost total lack of sleep I got would tend to suggest otherwise. I guess it didn't help that I started watching Top Gear quite late and it was quite an entertaining episode.

Of course, my nervousness could have been because of my dental appointment. The dentist always seems to cost a fortune and bring me bad news.

The bad news on Monday was particularly bad - I need two fillings, one rather urgently. I really can't understand how come one of the cavities has gotten as big as it appeared on the X-ray since my last appointment. It seemed huge, but he didn't mention it last time.

Including the cost of the hygienist (now there's money for old rope) it's going to set me back more than £200. And looking at it on the X-ray it's not something I can really put off.

The meeting for work actually went pretty well, I think. It was not really in my technical area, and I was obviously more than a little tired from the lack of sleep, so I didn't really contribute much, but the people we're working with seemed to be talking the same language as the customer.

The real difficulty to it is going to be the timescales - there's very little time available.

I have to confess, though, there's another piece of work I'd much rather being doing, but it's been a while since we've heard anything, so I don't think we've won that.

And yesterday I returned to find my shower was not actually fixed. He's bought a new one and had started fitting it, but has discovered that the fittings are in different places to the old one, so it looks like a much more serious job.

I'm sure it won't be long, but I hat being tied in to things like having a set slot to go and use his shower. Part of the reason I am uninterested in flat/house shares (which would save me a lot of money) is that I don't like being in a situation where I'm either dependent on or could be frustrated by other people (obviously I'm speaking domestically here, but I think it's probably true generally - I'm a bit of a control freak).

1 comment:

Amy said...

I couldn't share a house either. Would break my brain.