Tuesday 5 July 2011

one out of two isn't bad

So this weekend's weigh in showed I'd lost a pound.

If I'm honest I was secretly hoping I'd loose both the pounds I put on, but there you go.

It's going to be a little while before I weigh myself properly again, as I'll be away this weekend. I'll also not really be following my diet, though I am expecting to do a fair bit of walking. The track is about 3 and a half miles, I think, but obviously you walk around the service roads, rather than close to the track itself, so I guess I'll be doing a fair bit of walking.

And speaking of which, I tried to do a bit of prep this weekend by going on some very long walks.

In fact, I actually walked until my arse hurt.

Well, actually, on Saturday I did a massive walk and then Sunday I woke up with soar bum muscles. I guess it could have been the other stuff I did - shopping, cleaning the flat, but I do those all the time with no bum effects.

Sunday's walk was actually slightly longer that Saturday's and was definitely tougher as I went up the really steep hill to upper hale. I actually did the hill last week as well and was shocked to find once I'd come back down (it's a sort of triangular walk I go on) that it was only about 2 miles. It felt way more tiring than that.

This time I went for a fairly long walk and then went up the hill.

My fitness has improved massively. I mean, I'm still tired when I come back after the long walks, but when I first started this walking business I used to do the circuit around the block, which is about 2 miles total and I'd be huffing and puffing and it would take me ages to recover.

In fact, if I went the way that goes up the hill, rather than down, I'd have to take a short breather about half way up. Nowadays I'll go on a three or four mile walk and then do that circuit as the ending and not stop at any point (crossing roads excepted).

It is quite a turn around and it's something I'm pleased about, but it inevitably makes me think that if I'd just stuck properly to my diet I would have lost a lot more weight.

I mean, obviously the exercise is, on the whole, burning off the naughty stuff I've been eating, but then that's the point - if I wasn't eating that naughty stuff I'd be burning off body fat.

Anyway, such thoughts are for post Grand Prix, as I'm now on holiday.

Not that my boss would agree, yet!

No comments: