Thursday 14 July 2011

return to work

So I'm back at work after my week away for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.

I'm anticipating writing a bunch of posts next week about how it was and also uploading some photos to various places. Hopefully I'll get it all done this weekend.

Today I'm back at work and it's a bit of an odd experience - a bit of a culture shock, in a way. Usually when I take holiday I try to do it so that I don't return to a full week. It can be a bit of strain going from holiday to a full week of work. However, I wouldn't usually come back on a Thursday - Tuesday or Wednesday, yes, but Thursday, no. I mean, the week is virtually over and I'm coming back to work - it feels very odd.

Especially when it turns out we've won a piece of work I bid on and the start up meeting has already been arranged for Monday and we've received the contracts and stuff. Not that I mind those going ahead in my absence, because it's a part of the job that I've been lined up to do, but that I don't really have any particular interest in.

There have been moves afoot to take me down a project management type role, and I've resisted it as much as I was able. It's something hat I have to confess doesn't really interest me, but it also scares me a bit. I'm not sure I really want that sort of responsibility. I don't fundamentally mind responsibility, but when it relates to contracts and the paying of money I get a bit worried because I just don't know what I'm doing.

No comments: