Sunday 18 March 2012

back to work... again

Well now, here's an unexpected thing - I'm going to be back to my normal place of work next week.

I wasn't really expecting to be back until April at the very earliest, but it's basically worked out that I've finished the report I was doing and it needs reviewing.  Well, that's part f the reason.  The other reason is that they've basically run out of money!

I'll be returning to my contracting place the week after.  In theory it should be for a week, but I dunno - I've a feeling it will either be longer or short.  Longer will require an extension and shorter is if the report is really great and they don't want anything doing (unlikely).

I'm not sure if I want an extension.  I haven't really being enjoying it down there if I'm honest, but it brings money in to the company and with the economic situation it's not exactly a bad idea to be seen to be earning money to cover my wage.

But if I'm really honest I think I want to get a new job.  I'm getting a bit bored with the current situation.

Trouble there is I don't really want to land the company in the lurch - I don't want to get some long extension and then after a few months say "actually, here's my resignation, I'm off!"

Of course there's a massive assumption that I could possibly find a new job!  Certainly I've been struggling to do my CV (I can't for the life of me remember what GCSEs and A-Levels I got and it's hard to squish everything else in to a couple of pages).

Anyway, I guess the upshot is that I might be posting stuff next week during the week, back t normal.  I say guess because I've no idea how busy I might be at work - I don't know if there'll be nothing for me to do or they'll give me too much to do.  Certainly they've given away my computer to someone else...

No comments: