Friday 27 April 2012

a week away

As previously mentioned I'm away on holiday next week.

I didn't initially have any plans for the holiday.  I was taking it mainly because otherwise it would be ages between holidays, since I didn't take any extra time at Easter.  It's also my birthday and I usually take some time off at my birthday, though not always a week.

Anyway, having not really had any plans I'm not off all over the place, going to see some friends on a couple of the days and then for the last weekend (the one with the bank holiday) I'm off to see my dad.

As with the holiday generally I'm seeing my dad as otherwise it would likely be months until I see him again.  It's not hugely convenient him living in the West Country as it means some very long drives to see him.  Some way off a "popping over" situation.  And the trains are useless and long-winded and expensive of course.

My other aim is to pull my finger out over the whole jobs thing.  I need to finish my CV and start actively applying for some of these jobs I've been looking at if I'm serious about this whole issue.

I've also got a fair few chores to do next week, like the shopping for shoes thing, so for a week I was just taking to have a break it's going to be quite busy.

Anyway, the point is this'll be the last blog for a bit more than a week.

No comments: