Monday 14 May 2012

glowing orb of brightness

There was a rather sudden change in the weather last Friday.

Suddenly the sky went this weird colour that I heard people describing as "blue" and there was this bright yellow ball floating in sky that appeared to produce a curious warming sensation on exposed flesh.

Some people said that finally the weather was nice, but I knew the truth.  We have been plunged into a nightmare scenario designed by the cosmetics companies to get us all to spend our entire earnings on gloopy creams that protect us from this burning sky globe.

That's quite enough of that.  Yes, this weekend the weather gave us a brief respite from the constant drizzle, rain, torrential downpours and miserable, chilly grey dampness that has been the British climate for the last couple of months.

It's weird; the grey and wet weather has actually been getting to me the last few months.  It's not so much that we've had some it's that it's been continuous and incredibly repressive.  A bit of rain I don't mind at all, but when you get soaked to the bone every time you leave your house it gets to be a bit much after a while.

Actually the weather we had was just how I like sunny weather.  It was nice and bright, but it wasn't hot.  Even when you were out in the full glare of the mid-day sun it was still pleasant.  I don't like it when it gets really hot and it doesn't matter if you're in the shade or not, you just feel clammy and sweaty all the time.

Of course today it's clouded over.  It's not actually raining here yet, but I understand it's on its way.

I did actually have a few pictures I took that I wanted to upload about the weather while I was on holiday.  Unfortunately I've not downloaded them off my phone and while I'm sure I could e-mail them or something similar I can't be bothered to work out how to do that.  I'll therefore do it later and blog about it then.  Let's just say it was mildly moist.

No comments: