Friday 1 June 2012

super bank holiday

Well, apparently the Queen has failed to die.

I mean, that's basically what we're celebrating.  Now that the monarchy has no actual power and is essentially just a figurehead she can't really achieve anything as such.  She hasn't invaded France and claimed its throne, for example, which seemed to be one of the main defining characteristics of past monarchs.

And I'm pretty sure she's never crushed the Scots, as the National Anthem claims, if I recall correctly.

So yeah, we have a super bumper double bank holiday weekend.  Only one is a genuine addition to the calendar - the other has been achieved by shifting the usual end of May holiday.

I don't really have any plans for this extra time off.

I do have a couple of things on my PVR that I've stacked up, these being the most recent series of Being Human and the second series of the Walking Dead.

The first I'd originally planned to watch in my most recent holiday, but the sudden shift to having loads to do meant I never really even started on them.  The second is just a reflection of the fact that several other things I've been doing have been eating up all of my free time.

In particular I've been shedding anime DVDs, which has meant I've been ripping them and scanning the covers and extras.  Neither of these is difficult though both take time.  It's also pretty time consuming doing all the e-baying, as I've discussed on previous occasions.

The other thing of course is the whole job hunting, which has proven really quite time hungry.  I mean, I knew it would absorb some time, but I've been taken aback by just how much time it's absorbed.

As such I'll probably use the bank holidays to watch stuff, although I also really want to give my car a good clean.  I'd actually been hoping that my landlord would go on the holiday that he postponed from earlier in the year; however that seems to have been almost permanently abandoned.

No comments: