Friday 31 August 2012

all quiet on the blogging front

Well now, I've been rather silent for the last couple of days.

This wasn't intentional, as such.  And it wasn't because I was manically busy - in many senses the opposite.  I have been oddly tired, but nothing that would really have stopped me blogging.

It was more a sort of coming together of circumstances.

Firstly, last weekend was the Bank Holiday weekend and I'd initially thought I would have a go at pre-writing a few blog entries over the weekend, as it was going to be quite quiet.  That didn't really happen, due to a combination of tiredness (from the long day on Friday) and laziness.

The other thing was that I'd intended for these last few weeks to post a bunch of reviews I'd written but gotten behind with posting.  Well, I posted all of those... and then ran out... and didn't write any more.

So writing a few of those reviews would have been ideal for this last couple of days, except as I say I couldn't be bothered over the weekend and then, well, couldn't be bothered during the week either.

During this week, as mentioned, I wasn't busy in the sense that I usually am, with loads of stuff that I have to do with deadlines, etc.  However, I was busy with other stuff.  I've been tasked with coming up with some bits for work and this was really the first week I've had time to work on them properly, so I took the opportunity.

Now I've been quite enjoying putting them together and that's meant that they've absorbed my time, but as I say, not because I've had to, but more because I've wanted to.

So there you go - a bunch of excuses, basically.

This weekend the Formula 1 season gets back in gear with the Belgium Grand Prix from the iconic Spa Francorchamps.  It's usually a good race and the weather often makes its presence felt.

No comments: