Friday 21 September 2012

holiday

I'm off on holiday next week.

I would usually take the first week in October, but there was a bit of a conflagration of events at work which meant I was asked to take a week either side.  A week later would put it just that wrong side of getting into the chilly weather so I went for the last week in September.

My plan for this holiday is basically the same as all my late summer holidays.  I'll be spending a week in Devon, partly with my Dad (it's his birthday this time of year) and partly just in a random bit of Devon where I'll be doing lots of walking.

I'm sure I'll also be taking far too many books, manga, magazines, DVDs and fansubs with me to consume in the time available as per usual as well.  Actually my plan this time is to focus on the last of those - fansubs.

Since my hobby of scanning in anime magazine basically collapsed my watching of fansubs has also virtually stopped as well.  I used to cheekily watch a few at work as well, but I'm so busy nowadays that's almost impossible.

I'm therefore hoping to get through a good chunk of them (mainly 2 or 3 episode samplers) over this break.  I've also come up with a plan for how I might re-invigorate the scanning hobby as it was something I used to quite enjoy doing, even if I also complained about it a lot.

Anyway, obviously no blogging next week while I'm away.  I may take a few pictures while I'm out walking and upload them afterwards, but I'm not too hopeful - the forecast for the week is looking quite damp so I'm kinda expecting that I won't be taking my camera out with me.

No comments: