Tuesday 18 December 2012

chrimbo lunch

chrimbo lunch

It's the company Christmas lunch today.

One of the perks we get at work is that the company takes us out for lunch when there are birthdays in the company and for Christmas.  It’s interesting - I know in a lot of companies they have to pay towards their company lunch, but then they have a big session that’s more like a party.  My company's is somewhere in between - the company pays for it, but it is just lunch and we have to work around it on the day.

I usually enjoy it, but it can be a mixed bag.  Some of the places we've been the food isn’t very good or it all takes so long your bum goes numb and my back starts to ache.  Also if I can get sat next to or near the people in the company I like then that helps.

On some occasions I’ve been trapped with some people that they’ve invited along (it’s complicated) who I don’t know or turn out to be boring.

Last year's wasn’t great - the food was poor, it all took ages (3 hours!) and I was next to an invitee who was nice enough but never stopped talking.

Hopefully this year will be better!

No comments: