Friday 19 April 2013

bahrain grand prix

Bahrain Grand Prix this weekend.

I'm not expecting it to be a particularly good one, as it's not a circuit that generally produces much overtaking.  Saying that I have a weird memory that it did produce a good race last year (one of these Arab races did, but I forget which).

I've grown increasingly behind with my recorded TV.  I would usually listen to the practice, qualifying and race when they're not showing it live, but that eats up quite a lot of time.  As such I made not do that this weekend in order to spend some of that time catching up (or working out if I can delete a few things - I found a few duplicates the other day).

Most of the stuff recorded are dramas.  I've gotten into a bit of a habit of recording all the episodes for dramas and then marathoning them.  The stuff I tend to watch live (or as close to live as I tend to get) are one off things and documentaries.

Part of my logic for that is that dramas you need to follow the plot so if I watch the first few and then can't watch the last few until weeks/months later, it spoils the fun a bit.  For the things I do watch they're obviously self-contained as a program and while there may be multiple episodes it doesn't matter if I watch the next one weeks later.

I've actually got some leave coming up and I'll use some of that time to plough through some of these dramas.  I'm only really going away for a couple of the days (the wedding for the guy whose stag I went to and down to my Dad's - more on that next week) so I should have a chunk of time available, though I wanted to watch some of the Blu Rays I've been building up.  Unlike with DVDs I don't have a mechanism for copying Blu-Rays so I can't really e-bay them until I've watched them so they're starting to take up a huge amount of room that I don't have.

No comments: