Friday 12 April 2013

chinese grand prix

Chinese Grand Prix this weekend.

I haven't really blogged much about the Grand Prix season so far.  This has primarily been due to time issues - by which I mean I've not really had time to pay a lot of attention to the Grand Prix, rather than not having time to do blog posts.  Well actually, truth be told, both have been a little difficult to devote the time to.

Indeed, if I'm totally honest, I haven't really watched either of the two Grand Prix.  I've had the coverage on, but I haven't actually watched it in the sense of sitting down and giving it my full attention.

Now I used to do this to some extent last year, in that the practice and the radio coverage I would have on as background, but then I'd watch the qualifying and race coverage (be that highlights or live) properly.  However, this year I've backgrounded those too.

Part of the problem has been that the first Grand Prix was when I had the stag do.  Although even then I could have watched it, but the other problem has been SimCity.  Even though I've been posting about how I've found it frustrating that hasn't stopped entire days disappearing to it.

For example, in my post about Cheetah speed on Monday the thing I didn't say was that, having finished cleaning the bedsit, I sat down at 11:45AM to have a quick go to check if a post I'd read about Cheetah speed being back was true and to install the Nissan Leaf thing and didn't stop playing until 11:45PM.

Which isn't to say I played solid for 12 hours - I had my lunch, put stuff back in the kitchen once the floor was dry and re-arranged the bedroom bits, had my dinner, etc, but basically I did nothing else with the rest of the time other than play SimCity.  So I didn't watch recorded TV programs or DVDs/Blu-Rays or read any manga/books.

So I've struggled to find the time to properly watch the GPs.  However, China is usually a good race as the circuit offers some good opportunities to overtake.  It's also on in the early morning, though not so early as to be stupid, and the BBC is doing live coverage, so I will hopefully watch this one!

No comments: