Wednesday 3 July 2013

everything's falling apart

Internet issues meant I couldn't post this yesterday.

I seem to be plagued at the moment by things that are breaking or otherwise falling apart.

My dehumidifier has stopped working.  I've had it for years, though it is the second one I've had.  The problem is I put it on during the day in order to help keep the humidity down - my bedsit has very poor ventilation and is quite prone to damp.

The plug I use by the cooker for the kettle has also started playing up.  For some reason you have to turn it on and off a few times for it to supply power.  My landlord suspects it may be the points that have corroded a little, and this would make some sense - obviously being near the kettle it will get quite humid there.  But it's hardly an encouraging sign.

My clothes have also started to fall apart - particularly my underpants.  There are two problems colliding there, rally.  It's been ages since I bought new clothes - much longer than usual - but I've also held back because I was supposed to be losing a lot more weight.  Many of my clothes hang off me since ~I lost the bit of weight, but recently I've struggled to lose any more, so I've been stuck not wanting to buy clothes because "they won't fit after I loose x more stone" but not actually loosing x more stone.

And this last weekend my main pc started making some weird noises.  It sounds like the sort of regular noise you get when a fan is not properly seated.  I did recently clean out the pc so it wouldn't have surprised me if one of the fans on the top or side was not properly screwed back in, but I couldn't' see any evidence of that.  However, also, it seemed to cause the PC to freeze.  I'll have to pop the case to see if perhaps a cable has got stuck in the fan on the heat sink, but otherwise it could be something more serious.

What makes these particularly annoying is I don't have any spare money to actually buy them.

No comments: