Thursday 12 June 2008

bring on the rain

Following on from yesterday's bloggage, it's been so sunny, I washed my car yesterday evening. Such are the advantages of the lighter evenings in summer.

But then, guess what? It's rained overnight. How come that always happens? If I wash my car, it's almost guaranteed to rain on it :/.

I also took the opportunity as the family I lodge with are off on holiday right now. I always prefer to wash my car when they're not around. Partly, that's cos I'm so fat and unfit I get a real sweat on and it's a little embarrassing if they can see me, but mainly it's cos I don't want to talk to them about it.

I noticed the first few times that every time I went to to wash my car one of them would pop out for a chat about said car washing activity. Now, as I say, bit embarrassing with me panting and sweating, but also it would always start with that joke.

You may know the joke I mean - it's the "you can wash mine while you're at it" joke. For some reason this joke always really annoys me. No, you can wash your car, and I'll wash mine. How about that?

It's a silly thing and I've no idea why it gets my ire up so much, but there it is.

New monthly Japanese mags are on the way apparently :) and I think I've broken the back of my previously mentioned obsessiveness. Now I just need to drag my overdraft back into the black.

No comments: