Monday 21 July 2008

long day

I've got to go up to Nottingham for work tomorrow. It's for a meeting (well, two meetings) but it's one hell of a way to go.

What makes it worse is I've really no interest in attending either of the meetings. The first is to do with security (*yawn*) and the second is to meet a new supplier that our customer has hired.

This second meeting could go either way--either they're going to be good, or they're going to be a pain in the arse. I'm kinda bracing myself for the second.

The most annoying thing is that I think I'm going to be relied upon as some sort of "guru" of statistics. I'm really not--they fired the person on this contract who is. If this situation comes up I'm just going to put on a blank face and say "I don't know" a lot. It's hardly my fault they got rid of the other guy :/.

This last weekend I polished off the last few outstanding magazine scans. My mission now is not to let it all slip again. I need to keep up the momentum and scan all these artbooks I've got piled up.

In terms of new anime shows I've most recently watched:

  • Zettai Karen Children: It's distinctly average. I mean, it's not actively bad in any sense, it's just so very "seen it all before". There is also a slightly uncomfortable feel to it - a bit like Kodomo no Jikan last year, but not so extreme. One of the ten year old girls behaves like a "dirty old man" and it just doesn't quite sit right for some reason - maybe if she was 13 or 14, but 10 just seems a bit young.
  • Itazura Na Kiss: Now this was a surprise. I had no real expectations going in, but it really charmed me. Admittedly it's not hugely original, though it is a bit convoluted to explain in a short blurb like this. It's a fairly gentle romantic comedy at heart, but with a female protagonist and more aimed at girls than boys, but still it's really well done.
  • Allison to Lillia: Only watched one episode of this so far, but I'm really liking what I've seen. Possibly another highlight of the season.

I'm still waiting on the documents to sign for the loan. I hope they get here pretty soon, as it would be very annoying to exceed my overdraft limit simply because the documents took so long to get to me :/.

No comments: