Friday 18 July 2008

skint

I'm totally skint.

It's all entirely my fault - over the last few years I've been spending money like it was going out of fashion. You'll have picked that up from me talking about how I've so many unwatched DVDs and unread books, etc, etc.

But I've also done things that really didn't make sense. Like I bought a new car, which I did need, but for some reason I fixated on getting a particular model (one of the highest spec ones in the range) instead of thinking about the one I could best afford.

Thankfully, it looks like I've been able to take out a loan just recently that gives me a lot more breathing room. Basically, it allows me to consolidate four debts into one and whilst that does of course mean I'll be paying off a larger total sum for longer, it also means my monthly outgoings will come a lot more into balance.

Hopefully it'll mean I can also pay off another couple of debts with the money it frees up. But if not, it at least means I can afford things like food and petrol :/.

I also hope I've broken the back of my over-spending ways. I'm using all the stuff I've bought to kinda distract myself - the more time I spend actually sitting watching anime DVDs, the less time I've got for sitting on the net buying anime DVDs.

No comments: