Thursday 17 July 2008

Not an ant to be seen

Well, there's been no sign of the ants at all this last couple of days. I didn't take any action (because I forget, tbh), but I'd better get some ant stuff for if/when they come back.

Scanned animedia last night. I also watched some more of Wagaya no Oinarisama and I'm really not sure if I can work it out.

It's sort of like a "monster of the week" show, but it also seems to be trying to mix in romantic comedy and other elements. It's almost like a "slice of life" show in some ways... but slice of life if a fox-spirit moved in with you :/.

I was also unsure if I liked it or not, but I'll err on the side of yes, I think.

I put some stuff on e-bay last w/end (the first bunch of stuff following the clear-out the other w/end). However, I've been getting a bit annoyed with e-bay. Things that are worth considerable amounts of money are selling for like, 5p and 10p. It was getting to a situation where the effort and expense of parcelling stuff up and taking it down to the post office was far more than the money I was getting for it.

Especially when you think that, as well as what it costs to send, paypal take a fee and e-bay charge both an insertion fee and take a cut of whatever it sells for. In fact, I bet it was costing me money on some occasions.

As such, I've put many of the items on with more realistic starting bids and reasonable "buy it now" prices. I did this for ones where it would kinda break my heart if they sold for small amounts of money. I'd rather keep them and be skint than see them go for less than a pound.

I used to do this when I first started using e-bay, but the items often didn't sell for several weeks (plus I'd have to drop the amounts) so I'd get stacked up fees.

But fuck it - if people aren't willing to pay a reasonable amount of money for second-hand but genuine retail products and not pirates, rips and fansubs, then fuck 'em.

No comments: