Tuesday 29 July 2008

oops

Looks like I'm fucked with my wage.

It turned out that I didn't get paid last Friday at all... Which is actually a bit of an issue--I'm positive I'm supposed to get paid on the last Friday in the month, which was last Friday.

Either way, it means I am probably without any cash to my name until Thursday, when I definitely will get paid.

I've therefore got just about everything crossed that the loan gets sorted today. If not I could be in some deep, deep shit, as I know I've got a couple of cheques that are due to come out as well as the direct debit for my car loan repayments due sometime this week.

I'm really in the hands of fate for this one :(.

Finished Look to Windward. Definitely a cracking book.

I also got the aircon up and running when I got back from work, and the evening was therefore a whole lot more pleasant than it otherwise would have been. Standing in front of the cold air blasting out of an aircon unit when the world outside is swelteringly hot is probably one of the most enjoyable experiences in the world.

No comments: