Thursday 6 November 2008

backlogs

Well, what I was afraid of appears to be happening - I've got a backlog of scans building up.

Not that I can really blame it for the backlog, but I was kinda surprised actually. The latest issue of Megami seems to have set something of a new record, in that I think I got an e-mail saying it was on its way last Friday and it was here on Monday.

This is Monday... my day off... the day when I was supposed to do loads of scanning... the day when I didn't do anything of the sort... the day when I just sort of sat watching telly and playing games all day... :P.

I have now almost totally annihilated my backlog of telly stuff, though. I've just got the last three episodes of Mutual Friends and the film Lucky Number Slevin on there - that's it. Quite a few of the things I've been watching have now stopped and some more end this week, I think, so if I can watch this week's telly live (or at least, before the w/end) then I should be able to get it all totally cleared.

And that would mean I'd have loads of free time at the weekend which I can then spend scanning... Which I'm pretty sure I've been saying for the last couple of weekends, but there you go. Maybe I'll actually do it this time. Maybe.

The other backlog I've got building up is games again. I had a few sessions some months ago where I cleared out lots of un-played games, but what's happened of course is that Chrimbo is rapidly approaching, and that's a big time for new games.

Let's see, in the last couple of weeks alone, I've got Far Cry 2, the Civ4 thing about conquering the new world (can't for the life of me remember the name :/), Fallout 3, and, most intriguingly Red Alert 3 (I've a horrible feeling I'll end up laying Red Alert 3 all weekend instead of scanning.). And I'm pretty sure there's one or two more I've already pre-ordered coming out soon too.

I guess Chrimbo is going to be quite a busy period for me if I want to clear stuff down like I've been planning.

Especially since I've been totally failing to watch anime DVDs at a rate faster than I buy them. But then if I can just stay on top of the telly stuff like I hope, I should be able to allocate a few hours to that too.

No comments: