Thursday 20 November 2008

bloody BT

BT phoned me last night.

Bizarrely, and I have no fucking clue what's going on, they claim that my "calls are not 'with' BT".

They've phoned me with this claim before, and it's always gone the same way:

Them: "Your calls are not with BT"

Me: "Yes they are."

They then assert that they aren't and I start to get very fucking annoyed. Yes, they are with BT, I just don't use my landline very much. Some automated system has decided that means my calls are not "with" BT.

I don't even know what it mean - who the fuck else would they be with? BT certainly send me a bill every quarter and, if I've made any call, they charge me for them, SO WHO THE FUCK ELSE HAS MY CALLS THEN, DIPSHITS?

What winds me up even more is that they, having made this asserion because the system is telling them my calls aren't with BT and me having denied it, told them no-one else has my calls, said I've never "transferred" my calls, and don't have SKY or any other call thing (well, I've got a mobile and I basically only use that to make calls), they then go on to say that they can check the system to see if my calls are still with BT.

I mean, seriously: What?

How can the system tell them my calls aren't 'with' BT and then they can check the system to see if they are? Excuse me while I spot the total fucking inconsistency.

As you can probably tell this wound me up no end. I was fuming for ages last night and I'm still annoyed about it now.

My guess is that if I let them proceed it will turn into a telesales thing and they'll try to sell me shit I don't need, but by the time we get anywhere near that point I'm already shouting at them and i just hang up.

No comments: