Tuesday 11 November 2008

tappety-tap

One of my work colleagues has been driving me bonkers recently.

He taps his feet. Well, I say taps. It's more like he's trying to burrow his way down to Australia. It's really hard, and it's really loud.

I've nicknamed him Thumper (after the rabbit from Bambi).

He's got an interview for a contract over at Porten Down today and I so hope he gets it. I mean, even if it means I get left with more work or something, I'm almost praying he gets the contract, otherwise I may just be driven insane.

I've taken to listening to my MP3 player at work to try to drown him out. This kinda means I've been getting a bit disconnected from the happenings in the office, but it's that or I murder him. And, although I'm sure no jury in the world would convict me when they heard why, I can't be bothered with the hassle.

I think Chinese water torture is based on a similar principle to this - drip, drip, drip = tap, tap, tap.

Anyway, last night's journey home was awful.

It seems to have settled down a bit today, but the weather here has been biblical over the last few days. There are huge puddles and the river next to the A31 is massively flooded. I've only seen it more flooded when there was all that flooding the other year.

However, I'm not sure if it was because of the weather that they shut the A31 last night. It could have been due to a fuel spillage at the Hen & Chicken - that's happened before. I mean, it could have been a knock on from the weather of course.

Whatever - it meant I didn't get home till really late as I had to go the really long way around.

I got a really nice surprise when I got back though - the ne anime mags were there!

That has to be a new record. I only got the e-mails telling me they'd been sent on Monday and they were there the next day. All the way from Japan.

And I think it is basically genuine - the Japanese users on AP have only just started uploading their scans this weekend and I'm pretty sure they get their copies early (the famous Akihabara gets advance copies a couple of days before subscribers apparently).

No comments: