Monday 15 December 2008

break out the winter warming

I bought some additional heating this weekend.

It's an oil filled radiator - basically it's a bit like a normal radiator, but it plugs into the mains and is filled with oil. I've heard these are quite an efficient type of heaters but I really bought it because where I set when I'm on my PC is the coldest part of where I live.

I won't go into the details why, but it basically I can be sat at my PC with loads of jumpers on still shivering and then I'll get up to make a cup of tea and the rest of the room is sweltering hot. I bought the radiator so that I can plug it in and get some direct heat.

I went for the oil filled partly because of the efficiency, but also because fan heaters and convectors tend to blow hot air about and it can dry my eyes and throat out.

Anyway, we'll have to see if the £60 it cost is worth it. I'm hoping it works out cheaper than just spending £60 on more electricity and using my other convector heater. Signs seemed to be good following my testing over the weekend.

The other good news from the weekend is that I have finally finished scanning all of my artbooks. I'm a fair way off of finishing all scanning, but it's something of a landmark, I think.

While I was scanning the last book I also watched the following shows:

  • Kemeko DX was distinctly "meh". To be honest I can't really be bothered to explain any more about it - let's just say it was nothing special and leave it at that.
  • Ga-Rei -Zero- was okay. It unfortunately started really flatly - the first two episodes seemed to be too much action and not enough plot and the characters seemed very lightly defined. But then, in episode three there was a sudden change when it wall all bout two of the characters and suddenly it was interesting. I've no idea how the show would develop, but I'm urging on the side of it not being all that good given the first 2 eps.

No comments: