Friday 5 December 2008

the end draws near

So yeah, I've been continuing apace with the whole scanning thing. Come the weekend I will only have 3 artbooks left to scan. They're quite big books though, so I dunno if I'll get them finished, but I'm gonna give it a go.

That won't be the end of all scanning ever - the new megami turned up Wednesday, for example, and there's those old magazines I bought that I should scan in before chucking anyway.

Plus there's the big stash of old foreign manga that I decided to scan before also throwing away. I decided to chuck them mainly because they take up so much space that I don't have, but I thought scanning them would alleviate my guilt a bit. Trouble is, of course, that means loads more stuff to scan. The upside is that I can get 4 manga pages on my A4 scanner, so they can be quite quick to do.

While scanning this week I've been watching:

  • Kuroshitsuji was okay, I guess. I dunno, maybe I went into this with too many expectations, but it felt a little flat. It didn't help that the support characters are all bloody annoying and that the tone shifts all over the place from slapstick and stupid comedy to being really dark and serious. Sometimes that can work, but here it felt like a mess. Also, it's one of those with a big dark secret that's constantly hinted at - when that kicks in maybe it will be better, but there wasn't enough to make me want to find out.
  • Kurozuka which was awesome. It's a bit melodramatic if I was to make one criticism, but that's quite deliberate. Plus the story is all about mysticism and people being immortal and stuff, so it kinda fits. But it also has scifi - it's just plain really good. Although it is just a little violent and sexy, so if those things aren't for you (you weirdo) then it may not be your bag.

No comments: