Friday 23 January 2009

bimble

Well the whole writing thing has held up a bit. Admittedly at the moment I'm kind converting stuff I've already written into scenes. This seems a little too easy in some regards, but in others it almost confirms my suspicion that this is what I should have been doing from the beginning.

I've always tend to think quite visually and it's easy for me to plot stuff out in my head as if I was watching it on-screen. The struggling has always come in converting that into interesting prose.

But the thing about scripts I've read is you don't really seem to need interesting prose - in fact just the opposite, it needs to be basic and clear what the action should be. You need interesting dialogue and I think I'm okay at that. Certainly whenever people have commented on my stuff over at urbis if they've mentioned my dialogue it's generally been complimentary.

Not sure if that's anything to go by, though.

Also, for the first time in a while I had something of an idea. Well it's more of a concept than a fully-fledged idea, but I think it's good that the juices seem to be flowing a bit again.

I finished off some scanning this week and I've also been watching some animu in general.

Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo - Youkoso Tsugumi Ryouhe was okay. This is actually an older show - well it's not that old, but it was before I started religiously dl'ing and sampling everything. I'd have probably liked it more if the animation wasn't so bad - it was really poor. The show itself seemed quite harem-like, but it seemed to be more about characters than tits-and-arse.

I've also been continuing with Blassreiter. I have to admit it's getting better, but mainly because of a particular storyline concerning a kid who's being bullied. The main plot seems very generic, but that part of it has been quite well done, I think. Not sure it's enough to boost my overall rating - especially the animation is shocking - but it suggests there's some hope.

And I started watching real-world animu DVD-age too (blimey!). I think partly it's because I've cleared so much stuff on my big to-do lists. Anyway, the show I've been watching is Trigun. Gotta say I'm relatively unimpressed so far. I've read some of the manga, and I dropped that as it was very badly written. There were a lot of great ideas, it's just the writing was quite poor - lots that didn't make sense or that contradicted itself.

The anime is better on that front, but the main character, Vash, seems to have become an annoyingly loud, idiot. I know there's deeper stuff to come, but lets' just say if I was watching this on fansub I'd have dropped it by now.

No comments: