Monday 19 January 2009

clean-cleany

Well I did all of that cleaning I mentioned on Friday, including the car.

I was kinda lucky to some degree, as there was rain on Saturday morning which looked like it was going to confirm the less good forecasts. But it brightened up for the afternoon and the rain held off until the evening, when it was properly stormy.

Sunday actually turned out to be a pleasant day, so I could have done cleaned the car then, but all the forecasts were terrible for Sunday so I got it done Saturday. Sunday I was knackered, obviously, but all I needed to do was a bit of tidying up.

I also watched quite a few telly shows I'd recorded. One was Derren Brown's latest. I like Derren - he does tend to do "psychic" stuff, which is a bit low rent, but he does it freely admitting (even outright telling you) it's all bunk and it's just a magic trick.

One thing I did notice though is he seems to have a bit of a nervous tick, where he nods his head. I'd seen it before, but in this last show he was doing it a heck of a lot.

On Sunday I did more scanning and obviously watched some anime as I was doing it. It was a bit of a random selection though as I've now pretty much finished all the fansubs for previous season. Since I normally like to wait until I have 3 or 4 shows I can watch it'll be a while before the new January shows are options, so it was all odds and sods.

Here are my thoughts:

  • Blassreiter was okay. This is one of the shows I've bought on Bost TV, so I'll end up watching all of it eventually. It was okay, but I dunno that anything about it really grabbed me. The main problem was the animation was really poor - there's a lot of CG stuff that looks like it's absorbed the budget, so the rest of it is really clunky.
  • Zettai Shougeki ~Platonic Heart~ was okay. IT comes from the Ikki Tousen school, where girls fight and when they punch each other their clothes explode. So it's fan-service heavy in other words. Problem is that appears to be all it is - there's nothing else to really recommend it.
  • Strike Witches (OVA) was all right. I downloaded this as a sampler, but didn't watch it before buying on Bost, but I thought I'd clear it out before starting on Strike Witches proper. I'm kinda hoping this OAV is like a sampler/trailer to the series as it didn't make a whole lot of sense and seemed to jump big stretches of the plot. Hopefully the series is a lot better. Animation was good, though.

No comments: