Thursday 7 May 2009

too much to do

Yesterday I did something like an 10-hour day at work.

Now, this wasn't a usual format day, wither. Usually I take an hour for lunch - I only took 45 mins yesterday. Also, I'll typically spend a good chunk of the day procrastinating. These are the usual things everyone does in an office day - it's why everyone should work 4 day weeks, because nobody can do 5 solid days of proper work.

Anyway, yesterday was different. From 8am I was pretty much heads down (I had my earphones in - a sure-fire sign I'm trying to not be distracted) until about 6:15pm. That pretty much means I must have done 8 solid hours of work if you factor in lunch, getting coffee, taking a pee, and a little bit of time uploading the blog here, for example (it's just not possible to work solid without breaks - when I'm busy those are only 5 minute chunks, though, just to remind myself I've not gone insane).

When I went home last night I could actually feel my mental faculties almost running on empty.

Today I'm therefore a little worse for wear.

My brain feels a little fuzzy and I'm already feeling myself getting distracted by stuff.

Hopefully I won't be needed to keep working on the thing I was doing yesterday. Maybe just a little bt of it. I've other stuff I can do, plus I'm apparantly supposed to be having a teleconference meeting thing at some point.

I hate teleconferences - I have a thing about phones in that I find them unpleasent to use. I don't know why, but I've always had it. It's a little difficult to describe, though, so I won't bother here. Maybe another day.

No comments: