Friday 8 May 2009

well now

I was in a really bad mood all day yesterday.

I'm guessing the root cause of this was the other day where I had a silly amount of work to do. But it was weird - initially when I got up in the morning I was in a really bright and chipper mood.

However, the journey to work was rubbish. I got stuck in a jam at the Shepherd & Flock roundabout. Now, one of the reasons I set off for work as early as I do is to avoid this roundabout's busiest period. But for some reason yesterday morning it was horrible - queueing like it always does at more normal rush-hour times. Contrast that with this morning, when I was slightly later getting there and yet drove straight through with literally only 1 car to wait behind.

Then, on the bit of the A31 that leads down from the traffic lights on the dual carriageway bit there was some woman whose car had packed up. It was just at a distance from the lights that everyone can get up to full speed (50 limit) so with people pulling into our lane to get around her (there's no hard shoulder) I had to slam on. There are a lot of trucks that use that bit in the morning, so I couldn't tell why we were slamming on until I was parallel with her car.

Then, when I was approaching the Alton roundabout some silly person in a red car was sat in my blind-spot not quite overtaking me, but not flashing to let me out either (I have to turn right at the roundabout into Alton). So I had to just pull out and pretty much cut her up.

As I'm then driving through the industrial estate the car is following me and it occurs to me - one of my work colleagues drives the same car. More thorough look in the mirror and yup, it's my work colleague who I'd cut up.

One of the things I like about being first in is the up-to half hour it gives me to settle in without anybody else there. Because of the bid needing to be in there were several other people in the office already. One of whom immediately asked me a question before I'd even gotten my cup of coffee.

Nobody should ever talk to me before I get my morning coffee.

And to cap it all off, when doing one of my morning jobs I grabbed the wrong thing and so had to run back upstairs to get the right thing, so I was really rather flustered.

So with all that crap I wasn't in a very bright mood. Though I'm also sure the reason I stayed in the bad mood was because I was so knackered.

I'm still not exactly recovered. I'm really looking to the weekend and having a good, hard sit down.

No comments: