Tuesday 11 August 2009

the joyous return to work

So I'm back at work.

Hurrah, obviously.

The weekend was pretty productive. I'd say I got most everything ticked off. Partly that's because some of them didn't take as long as I was dreading.

I also got a bonus thing done - I put a load of stuff on for e-bay auction when I hadn't planned to do that at all. I didn't put everything on that I identified for my to sell this, although that was kinda deliberate.

Experience has taught me that having too much stuff ending at the same time is a little counter-productive. I get very confused as to what's paid and what's owed, and it ends up with huge a amount of, often heavy parcels and numerous trips to the post office. Chopping it up into more manageable chunks makes life so much easier.

But it's not all good news. I utterly failed to do any scanning whatsoever. That also meant I failed to make any headway on the growing list of new anime shows I need to sample. I also failed to watch any new anime and read a paltry amount of manga, where I'd hoped to really crack into a series.

I don't really even have the excuse that there wasn't enough time. If I'd been a bit more ruthless with all my Anno playing, I'd have had the time to at least do something.

But then the counter to that, of course, is that it was a holiday - I should be allowed to have some fun, right?

Hopefully, over the next couple of days I might be bringing you some photos from my Monaco adventure, but don't hold your breath, as I'm feeling a bit lazy, if I'm honest.

No comments: