Thursday 6 August 2009

two-finger typist

I'm a two-finger typist.

I basically use my two index fingers to type all the letters, though my thumb does the space bar and I use my little finger for holding the shift and control buttons. I'm quite quick, but it's more because I've kinda learned the keyboard than because it's an inherently quick technique.

One of the things with touch typing is it gives you the ability to not look at the keys while you type. Well, I've learned the keyboard to such a degree that I can almost do this with my two fingers. Especially if I kinda relax my brain. If I think about it too much, I start to loose the ability.

However, I make a lot of errors, but they're errors caused by a specific thing - my left finger hand seems to be quicker than my right.

The best example of this is the word "of". I virtually never actually type of. I type "fo", because my left finger gets to the 'f' just before my right finger can get to the 'o'.

Anyway, this is my last post for the week, as I have Friday and Monday off work. Hurrah and Huzzah!

Let's just hope I don't blow all my time doing useless stuff and actually get some things done. It'd be good to come out of a weekend 'ahead' for once.

No comments: