Monday 28 September 2009

goals are good

It's my goal this week to watch Welcome to the NHK through to completion.

For some reason I started it several weeks ago with the full intention of watching it, but then never actually sat down and watched anything past the first episode. Well, I re-watched ep 1 last night and hopefully I'll get a chance to keep going.

Certainly I hit my goal of watching everything telly-wise from last week over the weekend, and this week my scheduled viewing hours drop off quite dramatically since loads of stuff has now ended. I was tempted to fill this blog with some thoughts on what I've been watching, but decided against it in the end.

What I would say is it's weird how things have worked out in this weeks schedule. Basically there are about 12 things my PVR is set to record (I set everything to be recorded, even if I end up watching it live) across the whole week. But on Tuesday and Wednesday there's absolutely nothing and most other days it's one or two things.

The real culprit seems to be Monday - there's loads of stuff on Mondays for some reason, which, given what I was saying the other week about how Monday's are a bit of mare for me time-wise, is actually a bit inconvenient.

One thing that does look interesting is this new show Flash Forward that starts on 5 tonight. I've not heard much about it other than that it's by the same (or some of them?) people who did Lost. Since I'm a big fan of Lost I'm intrigued to check it out.

And mentioning Lost, it seems bloody ages since I last got to watch any - the box-set of the latest 7th season seems to be taking ages to come out. I mean surely the 8th season is about to start in the US?

Yup, new season time rapidly approaches. I'm not doing too badly with my big anime catch-up. It's not been accompanied by quite the same scanning catch-up I was hoping for

Ah well, hopefully I'll get some time this next weekend, as I've got a bit of a holiday, but for now I'm gonna focus on watching NHK. I was distinctly unimpressed with the manga, but even from the first episode it seems quite different to the manga, so maybe I'll like it more.

No comments: