Tuesday 1 September 2009

miserable

I'm feeling really miserable today.

I don't mean I'm ill, and I'm not particularly tired or sleep-deprived.

Plus the weekend didn't go badly or anything like that - indeed, if you set aside my utter failure to do any scanning, the weekend went positively well.

I'm just not in the mood for anything to day.

It's like a general feeling of... I dunno, dislike.

It feels as if at any moment I could snap. Like there's a tension; an fierce anger bubbling away below the surface. Like one small thing will just puncture the taut, balloon surface of my ego and BANG I'll go snap and shout at someone.

I feel like the whole world is against me; that no matter what I do I'll never win.

It's like I want to stick my middle finger up to the world and tell it to just go and fuck itself. Me, I'm going back to bed and tomorrow it better have sorted out its problems, or there'll be hell to pay.

So yeah, I'm not feeling my bright and chipper normal self today.

Not that my normal self is ever bright and chipper, or course, but you get the point.

No comments: