Monday 15 March 2010

ouch!

Well, the weekend was horribly expensive, as expected.

And not quite in all the ways I was expecting.

For example, the MOT and Service cost me more than expected, because they'd replaced my wipers. Now really they're mean to phone me if they want to do stuff like that, but they didn't, and it meant the total charge was around £65 (wipers are one of those things that cost way more than you'd think).

But also I got some horrible news. You remember the pothole I hit and that has been the bane of my existence (and bank account) for months? Well it turns out the wheel wobble I was getting was because the back wheel was also dented.

That means that hitting one pot hole has damaged 2 of my alloy wheels, which cost £185 each, and a tyre, which costs about £120. With labour, that's more than £500 for hitting 1 pothole.

It also means I've got to go back next Friday and get the wheel replaced (and the tyre changed over and rebalanced and that).

I also did the Nissan Roadside assistance, which was actually cheaper than I was expecting at £65 for the year and paid my Road Tax, which was £150; however after the depressing news at even more expense I didn't do my insurance as well. I'm thinking about protecting my no-claims, which costs about £50, but will also mean if I have an accident (and the way my luck's been going it seems likely) it'll save me money in the long term.

And speaking of my luck, I picked up my glasses on Saturday. And I've come to the conclusion that the right lens isn't the correct prescription. At distance and when reading subtitles on a DVD it's definitely slightly blurry. It's not enough to mean I can't see, but it's not right.

Which means I'll have the hassle of getting it fixed. I mean, why can't I just have something that goes really well and is better than expected?

If I believed in such things as karma, it means I must have been very naughty in a previous life.

No comments: