Tuesday 1 June 2010

wasted weekend

And I don't mean wasted as in booze soaked, I mean wasted as in opportunity.

I'd been hoping going into the weekend that I would do some scanning. That was the plan - I would start to tackle the New Types after the kick-start I had doing loads of animedias the other week.

My backup plan, for if and when I got really bored of scanning was I'd continue sorting my room a bit. I've not really progressed the room sorting very much, because I've had all sorts of stuff that needed to go down the recycling centre.

Well, one thing that was fixed on the schedule for early Saturday morning was a second trip to the recycling place to dispose of most of the rest of the stuff. This was fixed because I also wanted to get a haircut and I was desperate to clear some space at least (I can now see my settee for the first time in months!).

Well I did neither of those.

I didn't even do something useful like watch anime DVDs. I did set my new telly up, although even that was in a half-arsed, quick-fix way - I've not unplugged and removed the old one, just put it on a chair :/.

So what did I do?

I gamed. I must have spent about half of all my waking hours across the bank holiday playing computer games.

Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the gaming, I just kinda feel a bit regretful that that's all I did.

To be fair, I did get some stuff done. for example, there was a risk I could have failed to watch Eurovision or the GP, and that would have caused me some severe scheduling problems. I mean as it is, despite them totalling something like 10 hours of viewing and me watching several other things recorded I've still come out with more recorded telly that I went in.

The good thing on this front is that more than half of the shows I've been following are on their last episodes this week and next. Given that the world cup starts in a fortnight that bodes very well for my hope that I'll be fully able to engage in catch-up over the summer.

No comments: