Friday 22 October 2010

shed processing

Plan for the weekend is to get into the shed and have a good sort through all my boxes.

My landlord has gone away on holiday, so I'm going to use the opportunity to shift stuff around and have a good sort out. Last time I had a look at the small crates I was pretty sure there were several crates worth that I can put on e-bay.

The main thing, though is to go through the big crates as I'm pretty sure I can sell/throw away quite a lot of that stuff as well. I also know there's stuff there that I just chucked in a crate to get it out of the way while my landlord was decorating.

I don't think I'll actually e-bay stuff this weekend, but might do some of the prep work - take photos, weigh things, work out postage, etc. But I'm not going to be overambitious - if I get some of that done it's a bonus. The only aim is to actually sort the boxes out.

I'm pretty much expecting that this will be my last go through of stuff in the shed for a good while. Certainly I'm hoping to repopulate my shelves in a sensible way such that I won't have to go out to the shed to get stuff. Hopefully I might even start watching/reading stuff on those shelves such that I can then e-bay those too.

Anyway, in order to clear the decks for the sort out I've actually been doing some of my weekend chores during the week, since, as mentioned, my landlord hasn't been here, so I wasn't at risk of disturbing him (I've decided I really need a new vacuum cleaner- my current one is falling apart!).

The only possibly fly in the ointment is that it's the Korean Grand Prix this week, which could account for quite a few hours. Also, quite a few good shows have started on TV now that we're properly into the colder months, so I'm hoping I don't get too far behind if I spend all my time sorting through boxes.

I guess on the upside it'll be more in the way of good exercise!

No comments: