Friday 12 November 2010

and how does that affect the graph?

Following on from yesterday, something I wasn't sure about mentioning was my graph.

Basically, what I have discussed before is that I've set an initial target for my weight loss. I've not given too many details, as I find it rather embarrassing, but what I have said is that this initial target marks the transition point from me being "Morbidly Obese" to simply "Obese".

Now, clearly that doesn't mean it's any sort of end point, but it seemed like a reasonably sensible first target - get from my current weight to under that threshold before the end of the year. Unfortunately, Christmas is one of those holidays where consumption is difficult to avoid, so I'm actually hoping to exceed the target by a bit so that any bounce up that occurs doesn't take me back over.

But anyway - the point is, get below that line by the end of the year (When not at my Dad's and eating too much I will of course be home and can probably do a lot of walking, so that's how I'm hoping to compensate). And of course, me being me, that also means I can create a spreadsheet.

In this case I also have the bonus of the fact that I'm using a pedometer to monitor my walking, so I've got numbers I can put in daily (the pedo) and weekly (my weight). And that means (drum roll) graphs!

In this case, I've got two fairly simple graphs that plot my weight and BMI, but the key point here is that there's a line drawn on them that connects my initial weight and the weight I need to get to in order to go below the target weight.

Now generally, I've been some way below this line. Indeed, it was the degree of belowness that triggered my worry about not eating enough calories a while back, but last week's zero change result was particularly alarming, because for the first time I got close to the line with the very real prospect that this week I would go over it.

Thankfully, I'm now back well below the line after Sunday's weigh in.

Anyway, the thing I really wanted to mention was that my big plan is to have a "reveal all" session once I pass my first target. My idea is I'll reveal my initial weight, show the graphs and discuss my next target. I'll also probably do a bit of an analysis on the pedometer stuff.

Dunno why I wanted to mention that, I guess it's partly because of the scare, but also because I'm actually getting quite excited about hitting the target. It feels like it's been ages (to be frank, it has) with such slow progress, but recently it's started to feel like it's really doable.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You're doing such a wonderful job taking care of you!